Benefits of Pet Dentistry
Pets who do not get dental care may suffer from tooth pain or bad breath. Fixing dental problems after it becomes severe can be very expensive for pet parents and can also be very uncomfortable for the pets. Regular pet dental care can help stop discomfort and prevent expensive bills. Also, by fixing bad breath and getting pet dental care can make spending time with your pet more enjoyable.
Symptoms of Pet Dental Disease
Recognizing the symptoms of pet dental disease can help you decide when it’s time to bring your pet to the veterinarian for a dental cleaning.
- Difficulty eating hard foods
- Missing teeth or loose teeth
- Very bad breath
- Bleeding, red, or inflamed gums
- Stained teeth
Pet Dental Services Offered By Strohbehn Veterinary Clinic
At Strohbehn Veterinary Clinic, we offer the following dental services for pets in the area:
- Dental exams – Dental exams help us see if your pets are suffering from periodontal disease. If evidence of dental disease is found, we will make recommendations for treatment. It is recommend that all pets get a dental exam at least once a year.
- Pet teeth cleaning – With our pet teeth cleaning, we will make sure your pet’s tooth enamel is white and slick. Polishing the enamel will help prevent food from sticking to your pet’s teeth.
- Tooth extraction – If your pet’s tooth gets infected, he or she may need to have that tooth extracted. This can stop infection from spreading to other parts of your pet’s mouth.
Taking Care of Your Pet’s Teeth at Home
As well as bringing your pet to us for animal teeth cleaning services, we would also recommend that you clean your pet’s teeth at home. Pet owners who brush their pet’s teeth should use special toothpaste made for pets because human toothpaste is toxic for pets. If you are unsure how to clean your pet’s teeth, talk to your pet’s veterinarian for instruction.
430 Veterans Memorial Hwy
Council Bluffs, IA 51501
Learn more about us